Friday, May 1, 2009

3:30 A.M. and i think im going to fail one of my classes

I'm going to fail geology 101. It's inevitable. I have yet to start my homework in that course. It's due tomorrow. Whatever.

Here's some poems I wrote for my creative writing class. Happily I have an A in class. We have three sections within the course. In the poetry section I was best poet.
--------------------------------
But This Poem Is About You
By: Andrew Lopez

Worst day ever.
Not enough time to shower or brush my teeth before class.
It gives a new meaning to blue. I am blue.
But how do you do what you do?
I’m behind you, your back is turned and you don’t know I’m looking at you.
Don’t worry baby, I’m not creeping…
That’s too pessimistic for me,
Call it researching.
I’m researching you up and down like a profile on facebook.
Your body is the ocean and I’m sailing in your look.
I wish I could steal you from this Economics lecture,
I could take you out, get a movie, give you a hug, a high five, or even a pedicure!
I don’t know your name or your life, sure…
But I do know your elegance is like fires from candles.
I never want to separate like church and state or socks and sandals.
Lets share a bottled beast,
Maybe that way we can actually speak.
When I muster up the strength to talk to you
We make eye contact.
I say “hello”
And you say in the more beautiful, angelic, and sexy like voice…”you smell”.
That day, I totally slipped from reality. I fell.
---------------------------------------------
I wrote this poem while listening to Stephen Fisk's new album. It's a limerick.

Too Attached
By: Andrew Lopez

I’m the same boy you remember from your past
I grew up stronger and wiser and I did it fast.
So now I’m making a run to get away from you,
But I keep coming back to your eyes so blue.
I guess I’m just too attached to your ass.
----------------------------------------------

HERE. FREESTYLE, THE RIGHT WAY.

No comments: