Tuesday, April 7, 2009

HELL OR HIGH WATER


I'm listening to the new As Cities Burn songs. They're pretty damn good. I've always been glad that they were able to stay true to the kind of music and message they strive to get across. I be they break up after this album comes out.

I've got a lot of stuff going on this week. Here's the list.
1. 25 page term paper
2. 20 Minute powerpoint presentation to go along with the paper
3. powerpoint presentation on Native American history. TEEPEE POW WOW BRB LOL! LLYAS!
4. Adviser meeting/sign up for classes
5. English 250 powerpoint/ pamphlet/ paper due.
6. Some how con little kids into giving me money
7. Champion's League Soccer
8. Easter weekend
9. 69

Are any of you readers (so all four of you) agnostic or atheist? I consider myself agnostic and pretty critical of all religions recently. I've been burying my head into books and lectures about the subject at hand and have been studying up. Even though I side more with the realist part of atheism, I'm starting to find major flaws in the ideas and arguments that atheists seem to bring up, and bring up a lot. I'm not saying I side with religion, but I do believe I can argue an atheist more dillingently than a Christian who bases an argument over "faith".

And yes, if you think about it, I went that far.

What are your thoughts?
Andrew

P.S. a critical agnostic listening to As Cities Burn? It's like socks and sandals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know where faith comes from. and it doesn't grow between quotation marks. i hope you find what you're looking for and that when you do, you don't feel the need to debate it. because sometimes it's feels exhilarating to have more heart knowledge than head knowledge. i love you. (taylor)

Andrew$ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrew$ said...

I know where faith grows too. i have faith in a lot of things. you, my parents, my brothers, MY KNOWLEDGE, my music. in a lot of things.

but how can i have faith in something that i believe doesnt exsist because my head tells me not to? can you honestly say your heart and head dont work together? isnt that like saying you hate everything about me in your mind but because your "heart tells you to love me" you will?

your head is real. no matter what people THINK. i think critically because its healthy. because i believe thats what god would want you to do. otherwise there wouldnt be a debate. i do believe that there is truth to Christianity. although, i also think it is wrong on more levels. i believe that Christians are forgetting how to use their heads and thats why they cant defend themselves without the "faith" debate. i, however, believe that christianity should be defended with knowledge. and i believe i can do that without using ideas that cant be proven.

faith can be debunked. it can be. think about how many times faith in someone real has failed. because we all know it happens.

if christians strive their whole lives, isnt that the proof they will never reach what they are meant to?