Friday, April 9, 2010

Future Earth

BBC and Discovery Channels' mini-series Planet Earth changed my life. Watching it in HD was like watching a real life Pixar movie in 4-D.


Then they stepped it up a notch with the current running mini-series Life, a landmark show observing the specific world of life on Earth. It's superior to Planet Earth except for Oprah's narrating. Don't get me wrong, she's probably decently cool... I just can't take her seriously. Oh, and I'm a sucker for British accents, her narrating is lackluster and awkward compared to the beauty of a British accents. Oh, well... whatever.


I've spent over fifteen hours watching these shows on my couch. Meaning, I've spent fifteen hours being freaking awesome.

Discovery just announced they are working with Steven Spielberg on a new series called Future Earth. Here's the synopsis.

"Future Earth aims to be an epic mini-series examining what life on Earth will be like in 25, 50 and 100 years. The mini-series will draw from a vast number of sources, including the leading futurists, scholars and great minds of today, to dramatize and explore how various facets of our daily lives - health and medicine, technology, the environment, the military, the economy and media - will evolve over the next century."

Basically, I'm going to spend 30 more hours being awesome when this comes out. Spielberg's ideas will be legendary. His vision of the future is brilliant and innovative. For example... Minority Report and the recent Ipad. Cool beans.

Thanks slashfilm,
Andrew

No comments: