Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Oh man facebook. Oh man embarrassment. Oh man art.

My facebook page is currently unavailable and facebook is apologizing for any inconvenience. INCONVENIENCE? THIS IS MORE THAN THAT. THIS IS ANGER. THIS IS CAPITAL LETTER ANGER. How am I supposed to creep on people? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STAY CONNECTED?! Bad way to end a bad day. Anyone else use facebook to escape? How about using facebook to burn time? Everything is better in facebook world. Think about it. Couples are cuter, people can hide their ugliness, you can chat to anyone around the world, and you can lie about what you love (or lie about how you love). If you don't agree, you're lying to yourself. THIS IS CAPITAL LETTER LIES. THIS IS A CAPITAL LETTER.

I got embarrassed today. I got really paranoid. Help.

This was printed in New York Magazine. Sophie Blackall is a New Yorkian artist who draws out the "missed connections" page on Craigslist. Check them out... Oh, and here's the link to the missed connections page I'm talking about.

http://ames.craigslist.org/mis/





I've thought about posting about a missed connection on craigslist a lot. Even though the missed connection is within reach to bridge everyday, something always holds me back... oh... it was probably the fact that it was a missed connection. Dang.

Here's the artist's main page if you were wondering...

www.sophieblackall.com

Embarrassment is the worst thing ever,
andrew

No comments: