Thursday, July 23, 2009

I've been lacking lately

There is this unsettling idea that's been blooming on me for awhile. I haven't been busy with anything lately, but I've lost a lot of ambition that was dedicated to participation on summer activities I promised allegiance to (for example, this blog). Really, I just wish my transfer confirmation to Hogwarts would just come in already because I don't know how much more I can take of these feelings. Just imagine, I could throw away all of this boredom, regret, unknowing, and wasted time just to hang out with Hermione and hit on Luna Lovegood (just for giggles) all the time.

Summer is almost over, and this makes me scared/sad. I've never been a fan of growing up, and Iowa State always makes me feel like a grownup. I was never one for going out and acting like a douche frat kid. I was never one for letting all my emotions go for stupid reasons. I was never one for taking off my shirt every time I made a cup in beer pong. Nope, going to college didn't make me do these things. Going to college gave me responsibility, stress and boredom. Now, don't get me wrong, I dig the crap out of college... I guess you can just say I miss summer already. If I have to explain why I LOVE wearing shorts everyday, hanging out with my best friends until 2 in the morning, going to concerts, enjoying the pool, or randomly falling for people, then I question your idea on what makes the world a better place. Summer always makes everyone happy. I dare you to disagree.

There is no reason for this post. None at all, I just knew I needed to keep writing for the sake of writing. I'm losing ambition again...and fast. Someone please come save me.


boredom only happens in boring people,
andrew

No comments: