Monday, April 20, 2009

Today is my birthday. I am hollow.

There comes a time in a persons life where everything is questioned.
You start making a list. Lists can be the worst things to make ever.

We make lists of things we love, things we want to accomplish, things we want to see, things we want to be.

We make lists of things we hate, things were fed up with, things we never want to see again.

They say that our outside bodies are simply a shell. They say your body cannot affect your soul. I disagree. It can be battered and thrown around. It can be scarred and seen everyday. We can bleed from them. We can produce tears from them.

It's a shame what we can do to ourselves.

There comes a time when you notice that youth is fleeting. Then there comes a time you notice you can't do anything about it.

But every child's body has to grow. Every shell becomes to small for a growing body and you have to adapt. But does our soul have to grow? Are we allowed to step away and close the window?

There comes a time in someones life when you make lists... here's mine.
1. I wish I could tell you how I feel about you.
2. I wish I knew how to run away.
3. I wish I was over it.
4. I wish I was doing what I want to do with my life.
5. I wish I could figure out why I am hollow.
6. I wish this was a dream.

Round and round we go. I think we were made too pretty. Especially you.

No comments: